Summit 8: be sure to take your projects home to work on them over the weekend. Next week, we will discuss the Hundred Years War.
Summit 9: test next class! You may use your notebooks to help.
Summit 10: vocab quiz next class, made up of matching and grouping portions.
Summit 8: your Black Death package is due Monday. You will have the next two classes to work on your castles. These will be the last 2 days of in-class work time for your projects.
Summit 9: next class, your Child Labour Projects are due. You will hand in your notes and biography at the beginning of class, and then deliver your passionate speeches about child labour (1 minute long). You do not have to memorize your speeches.
Summit 10: field trip forms are due tomorrow! I will meet you at Canada Place at 10:45 on Monday. Lead Up to WWII Timelines are due Wednesday.
Black Death materials:
Medieval trade routes map:
Another map to use for question 1 of the worksheet:
Questions for homework. You may type these up or write the answers in point form on the back of the Black Death package.
Predict the following:
- rules and regulations governing such matters as sanitation and the conduct of business?
- hospitals and medical knowledge?
- attitude of the working class toward the ruling class? The ruling class toward the working class?
- population in cities versus population in rural areas? (Though proximity may have led to greater mortality in cities, the period after the plague saw a movement of people from the country to the city.)
- labor supply? What happens to wages when there are less people to do work people want done?
- land usage and food supply? Before the plague there had been insufficient land to produce enough food for the population, leading to famine. What will happen to the supply of food now, with more than enough land to farm?
- food prices? What happens to the price of food when there is less demand?
- price of goods? What happens to the price of goods when there is less demand, but also fewer people to create the goods?
Summit 8: we are going to take a break from castle building for a day and do an activity on the Black Death next class. Please meet in the computer lab.
Summit 9: here is the link to the Child Labour assignment. http://spartacus-educational.com/Textiles.htm
Summit 8: your next 2 classes will be spent working on your projects. Make sure you bring the materials necessary to stay on task.
Summit 9: we will finish the next set of presentations next class.
Summit 10: you will have next class to work on your projects.
Summit 8: start thinking about who you want to work with for your Castle Project. The Baron Li demands you have your groups set up by next class in the computer lab!
Summit 9: we will look through some print sources next day in the library.
Summit 10: we did a crash course through the Roaring 20s. Next class, we will do the same in the Great Depression.
Summit 8: here is the website to help you with the coat of arms project (with the write up) due next Monday.
Summit 9: for homework, do some quick research on the inventions or discoveries that interest you for the Industrial Revolution project. We will draft next class.
Summit 10: For homework, please make sure your WWI package is completed. Bring a Sharpie to class next day if you can please.
Here are the links to the videos:
Canada: The Story of Us Episode 6 – WWI
Treaty of Versailles Explained